WOW!!!! This made my day!!! My blog has received the Liebster Award from the lovely author of ‘A day in the life of a teenager’. Thank you!!!
After doing a bit of research on my own, I ended up finding the official rules here (and I’ll also post them a tad lower). So, since I only received 10 Qs, I will answer a question that I get asked every time I tell somebody I am a Psychology student.
THE question (which makes me want to cringe) is:
0. Do you read minds?
Here come the Qs I was asked to answer:
- Why did you start a blog?
Because I was repeatedly told by various people that I have a very light-hearted and enjoyable writing style and because I love writing, especially about stuff I love. So I came up with a blog dedicated only to Japanese ‘stuff’ (i.e., anime & manga, language, culture & traditions, music, you name it – in my opinion, most if not all of these could go under the umbrella-term ‘culture’) and another for the ‘Little People’ inside my head (yes, this is a reference to Haruki Murakami’s 1Q84).
- Would you rather be very creative or academic?
Creativity is one factor which can show how intelligent one truly is. I want to work in the academia and there’s no way I could and would do without creativity. You can’t be an ‘academic’ without being ‘creative’.
- If you could find out your future, would you?
No way! I do tolerate minor spoilers when it comes to anime/films/books, but that’s as far as it goes!
- Is it chance or destiny?
Neither. It’s karma.
- If you could have been born anywhere else in the world (but with the same family) where would it be?
- What would your chosen degree be?
Psychology. And that is what it precisely is, actually, so I couldn’t be happier.
- If you had to have a noise playing in your ear all day every day what would it be?
There’s a condition called tinnitus whereby one continuously hears a noise, be it a white noise, a clicking sound, humming, ringing, you name it. This comes about when the primary auditory cortex is deprived of any sound (for various reasons), for a relatively long period of time (according to the Perception lectures I had in my first year of uni). I can only imagine that this must be very annoying or frustrating, to say the least. Now…why in the world would I want to suffer from such a condition?? So, my answer is: none!
- If you could shape shift one feature into something else, what would that feature be and then turned into? Example octopus arm.
Wha–?? I’m slightly confused…
- What would you pick: the ability to speak and understand every language, or the ability to play every instrument it the world?
Neither. I love languages, but wouldn’t want to speak every single one of them; I love music – and cannot emphasise this enough; however, I don’t like every instrument, so there you have it. Besides, I don’t need some sort of ‘ability’ in this sense, as both can be learned even as one gets older.
- If you were stranded on a desert island and you could only be with one person who would that be?
I haven’t found them yet.
Now, on I go with the random facts about myself:
- I’m a synaesthete, and a rather weird one at that;
- I’m a dog person and absolutely, madly love huskies;
- I’ve been watching anime with Mum since I was in kindergarten;
- I only wear dresses and/or skirts, never trousers (unless I am at work, where I’m obliged to wear a uniform, or walking my dog, when I wear shorts);
- Apparently…I’m a tsundere;
- I’m a sleepwalker;
- For a very long time, when I was a child, I didn’t like books (unless Mum read them to me). But when I started loving them, well…let’s just say I never stopped. (this of course does not apply to the ‘Twilight Saga’ or ‘Fifty-bla-bla’, amongst others);
- I can stand on the very tips of my toes (and I mean like Rose does in ‘Titanic’… I was jealous when I saw she could do it and I decided I wanted to be able to, as well);
- I am right-handed but I taught myself to write with my left hand, too. I’d like to get as close as I can to being ambidextrous;
- I give names to inanimate objects (such as my laptop, my phone, my thermos…);
- I can’t really associate months with their respective numbers (i.e., if I see 02/05/15, I have to count starting from January in order to realise it’s May).
Now, here are my questions for my nominees:
- What is O-N-E word that describes you?
- What animal would you be, if you could be one?
- What’s your favourite book?
- What are you most likely to do on a rainy day?
- What fictional character do you identify with, the most?
- What, if any, is your favourite subject/class?
- Who inspires you?
- Where and/or with whom would you rather be right now?
- What’s your favourite gadget/‘toy’? (i.e., phone, tablet, PSP, you name it)
- Would you like to try, for one day, the life of a member of the opposite/another sex?
- Are you mad at me for coming up with these questions? (if your answer is ‘yes’… I’m sorry)
And here are the Official Rules of the Liebster Award:
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
- Answer 11 questions about yourself, which will be provided to you by the person who nominated you.
- Provide 11 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have a less than 1000 followers. (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information!)
- Create a new list of questions for the blogger to answer.
- List these rules in your post (You can copy and paste from here.) Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
- Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
Last but by no means least, here are my nominees:
Turns out I actually had fun with this (especially since I miss blogging). Although not entirely a post for this blog, I think it has its place here, as it is first and foremost, about me. Hope you guys enjoy this at least as much as I did!
Thanks for reading and bearing with me!